Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
In platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments, we draw your blood, just like when you have labs done. The blood is centrifuged, and the platelets that contain growth factors are extracted. The platelets and growth factors are injected into the scalp.
- This procedure can take up to 15 minutes to perform.
- Most patients require a series of three injections about one month apart.
- PRP stimulates more hairs to grow and the hairs that are present to be thicker.
NeoGraft® With Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
During your NeoGraft® procedure, hair follicles are harvested from the back of your head using the FUE technique. Each follicle is harvested individually, eliminating a linear scar. The follicles are then placed where you desire more hair, which can be the scalp, beard, or eyebrows. The hairline can also be advanced or shaped as desired.
- The time required depends on the number of grafts transplanted. A small transplant of 500 grafts may take three to four hours, while a large transplant of 3,000 grafts can take up to 8 hours.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
FUT is also known as the “strip method.” The follicles are harvested with an incision on the back of the scalp. The highest density of quality follicles are able to be harvested this way. Careful closure techniques make the incision hide easily in the hair.
- The follicles are placed in the area where more hair is desired in the same manner as with the FUE technique.
Forehead lowering can improve the position and appearance of your hairline, producing a smaller forehead. Incisions will be made at the hairline to advance the hairline toward the brows and shorten a tall forehead.
- Forehead lowering can take three to four hours to perform depending on the level of correction needed.
Eyebrow transplant can be performed using either the strip method or the NeoGraft® method. This procedure will harvest hair from the scalp and place it on the eyebrows to fill in thin or patchy eyebrows with your own hair.
- This can take between two and three hours to perform and achieves more natural, lasting results than tattooing your eyebrows.
Similar to an eyebrow transplant, beard transplant surgery also uses either the strip or NeoGraft® method to extract hair from the scalp. The harvested hair is then placed in the target area to provide men with a fuller, thicker beard. This procedure can also be used for men who have splits or patchy areas in their beard or for those who struggle to grow facial hair.
- The time required for beard surgery depends on the number of follicles transplanted and surface area to be filled.